Is your welding helmet Australian standards compliant???
This is a very important question to ask. You should always demand welding helmet protection compliant with Australian standards. Note that ANSI (USA) and EN (European) standards are not interchangeable with Australian standards.
Equipment that is not compliant with Australian standards should not be used to grind with in Australia, regardless of whether the welding helmet has a grind mode or not. Similarly if you require head protection only use welding and safety helmets compliant with AS/NZS1801.
The relevant Australian Standards for welding personal protective equipment that employers and employees alike should take note of are as follows:
- AS/NZS1337 & AS/NZS1337.1 Eye and Face Protection
- AS/NZS1338.1 - Eye Protection for Welding
- AS/NZS1716 - Respiratory Protection
- AS/NZS1801 - Head Protection
- AS/NZS1270 - Hearing Protection
Eweld only stocks helmets compliant with Australian standards.